We will review the below apps and answer your questions about iPhones, iPads and Android mobile devices. Your host for the half hour session (not enough time) is one of the top real estate technologist alive! Since I am drafting my own biography, let’s just say that I know a few things… Cheers, Tony Self
- CamCard Free – Business Card Reader (IOS & Android– Free & $8.99) CamCard, read your card, mind your business. CamCard reads business cards and save instantly to phone Contacts. It syncs all your cards across smartphones, tablets, computers and the web app. Brand new AR Card feature allows you to better demonstrate yourself, your products and company by adding various contents in text, graphic, video, audio or file formats. It keeps you posted with the latest updates of your partners and help you attract more business opportunities.
- Trello- Forget Nothing (IOS & Android– Free & Subscription) Organize anything, together. Whether you’re managing a team of freelancers, tracking million-dollar sales leads, writing an epic screenplay, or just making a list of stuff to get done, Trello makes sure you’re organized and on top of it all. Like a whiteboard with super powers, Trello is simple to use and infinitely flexible. You’ll know exactly what needs to get done, who’s going to do it, and what’s coming up next. And, everything you do is synced and saved instantly to Trello.com. Use the web site to stay organized while you’re at your desk, and the app to stay up to date while you’re out and about. With Trello, you can create boards to organize anything you’re working on. Use them solo, or invite colleagues, friends, and family to work together.
- IFTTT – Your Robotic Digital Assistant (IOS & Web– Free) Put the internet to work for you. IFTTT lets you create powerful connections with one simple statement — if this then that. Activate your Channels and create Recipes on IFTTT! Channels are services like Facebook, Gmail, Twitter, as well as devices like Philips Hue, Belkin WeMo, and UP by Jawbone. Recipes are connections between your Channels that unlock entirely new ways for your services and devices to communicate with each other. We’re adding new features all the time. Download now and stay tuned!
- PenUltimate – Cool Handwriting iPad Sketch Pad (IOS– Free) The original and most popular handwriting app for iPad. Penultimate gives you the natural experience of writing on paper, with the added power and availability of Evernote. Take notes, keep sketches, or share your next breakthrough idea — in the office, on the go, or at home on the sofa. THE EXPERIENCE OF INK AND PAPER, MADE BETTER- Your handwriting and drawings look spectacular in black or color gel ink on your choice of three different photorealistic paper styles, or import any image to create your own personalized paper. Our inking technology produces pen strokes that look better than real ones, and the automatic Wrist Protection mode prevents stray marks from appearing on a page for writers of all grips. ESSENTIAL. EASY TO USE. BEAUTIFUL. As part of the Evernote family of products, Penultimate will quickly become one of the core productivity apps on your iPad. Every Penultimate note is synced to your Evernote account automatically, and every detail of the user interface has been designed and refined to be simple and intuitive with no complicated or cluttered settings. REMEMBER EVERYTHING WITH EVERNOTE
Store your Penultimate notes in notebooks, separated by topic, project, or category. Penultimate can manage as many notebooks as you can create, then sync them directly with your Evernote account, where you can view, search and share them across all of your devices. FIND ANYTHING FAST, EVEN HANDWRITTEN TEXT. You can search through your handwritten text within the app, or browse quickly through all pages. View your list of notebooks as a carousel or sort and scroll in a fast grid view. Penultimate also allows you to insert, delete, duplicate, and reorganize pages within and between notebooks. SHARE YOUR PENULTIMATE NOTES. Send single page images or full notebooks in PDF format to friends and colleagues for easy feedback and collaboration.
- PDF PROvider – The Best iPad PDF Editor& Reader (IOS – $6.99) PDF PROvider is the most enhanced PDF converter, viewer, merger and manager in one pack.
Create reports, research papers, material selections from different sources, offline reading packs, etc. It allows converting Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Pages, Numbers, Keynote files, HTML pages, Photos, Maps and Contacts and merging all types of documents and ready PDFs into a single PDF file. Convert files from different sources
Get your files from Box, Dropbox and via iTunes File Sharing to convert them to PDF format. Once installed PDF PROvider appears in the “Open In…” list for many popular file types. Thus you can convert attachments from Mail and documents opened with Safari. Use batch conversion to create several PDF documents with no extra taps. Convert Web content using the internal web browser you can surf the Internet and convert web pages to PDF format one by one from different web sources into multi-page PDF document. To save web pages when using Safari, Opera, Dolphin or any of your favourite browser, just bookmark them. Making simple settings allows you to use Bookmarks for this purpose in a convenient way. You can also change manually “http://” to “pdfpro://” in the browser address bar to launch the application. PDF PROvider provides handy capabilities to manage converted PDF documents. Use File Manager to view, sort, organize by folders or share your PDFs. Use advanced settings to choose the most convenient way to view converted PDFs, such as Night Reading Mode. PDF PROvider allows advanced processing of PDF documents – reorder or delete pages. You can merge several documents of any supported format into single PDF document, e.g. include text documents, Excel tables and photos into your PDF report. You can combine several previously converted PDF documents to send them as a single file and be sure that the sequence of document view will be correct. With a special Merge dialog you can define the documents sequence in the output PDF file. When you get the converted PDF documents you may want to annotate them before sharing to others. You can add notes, highlight text, insert stamps. PDF Provider allows you to enrich your document with additional visual content such as pictures and geo illustrations. Converted PDF files could be opened in iBooks for best reading experience. Also, you can send PDFs by e-mail, open in other apps and even transfer to computer over USB using iTunes File Sharing.
- Pro HDR – Take Pictures Like You Mean It (IOS & Android– $2.99) Automatically create stunning full-resolution HDR images with just a single tap! Pro HDR supports iPhone, iPad, and iPod natively. New version 4.5 now works great on iPhone 5, iPad 4, and iPad Mini!
- SiteGiest – Scary Demographic Information (IOS & Android– Free) Understand and uncover the identity of a location with a tap. Sitegeist is a mobile application that helps you to learn more about your surroundings in seconds. Drawing on publicly available information, the app presents solid data in a simple at-a-glance format to help you tap into the pulse of your location anywhere in the United States. From demographics on the people and housing to the latest popular spots or weather, Sitegeist presents localized information visually so you can get back to enjoying the neighborhood. Sitegeist was created by the Sunlight Foundation with support from the John S. and James L. Knight Foundation and is the third in a series of National Data Apps.
- TED – Educate Your Soul (IOS & Android– Free) Riveting talks by remarkable people, free to the world. The official TED app for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch presents talks from some of the world’s most fascinating people: education radicals, tech geniuses, medical mavericks, business gurus and music legends. Find more than 1,400 TEDTalk videos (with more added each week) on the official TED app — now for both iPad and iPhone. The entire library is at your fingertips to browse at any time, even when you’re not online. Watch TEDTalks with subtitles in over 90 languages directly on your device through our new video player, or use AirPlay to watch them on your home entertainment system. Curate your own playlist. Download full videos to your device and watch them when you’re offline. Listen to an on-demand playlist of TEDTalks audio at any time. The TED app updates almost every day with new talks from TED events around the world. Sort the featured library by recency or popularity. Browse talks by tags, themes, or language. Share your favorite talks with your friends. Tell us how much time you have and let us guide you through a delightful playlist.
- Built-In Dictation- Yes, The Future is Here (IOS & Android- Free) All IOS and Android software offers an amazing dictation tool that will become your best friend. Next time your keyboard pops open try using the dictation tool instead- hint… it looks like a microphone and don’t have any screaming babies nearby.
- Don’t worry if you missed a previous Appy Hour, we save all the sessions and erase nothing! And we didn’t even harm one tree, just burned a bunch of coal to power the computer…